If you want to get traction in a new niche, the best thing you can do is create and publish content.
Lots of it.
- Clarify your thoughts on the niche you’re entering
- Figure out where you feel most strongly about
- Increase the likelihood of someone finding you via increased “surface area“
- Build a reputation for being credible and committed to the industry
- Show people how you think and what you know
- Build an audience of people you are seeking to serve
… all of which leads to more opportunities from people who need what you know
With any luck (and perhaps a few relationships to help along the way), you’ll notice traction and see early signs of life.
If you keep going, you’ll eventually establish yourself with a unique point of view that people will be willing to pay for.
Keep showing up and create lots of content until things begin to click.
Then work your hardest to get it in front of the people who want your point of view.