There’s a good chance you’ll be in business a long time.
Decades, if you’re lucky.
And if you’re feeling burnt out now, there’s a good chance you’ll always be unless you make a change.
Which means you need to work smarter. You have to be intentional about the way you design your business.
You’ve heard that before, but what does that mean as a consultant?
To me, it means things like this:
- Work with fewer clients at higher average rates.
- Create leveraged services like training and group coaching.
- Sell your knowledge as products instead of services.
- Hire people to do the non-strategic work in your business.
- Keep margin so you can think, recharge, and stay focused.
- Take vacations to avoid burnout and stay productive.
- Cut people and things that give you stress and suck up your mental energy.
- Partner with people on projects and promotions to create leverage.
I used to think working harder would get you better results. But to me, better results means a more balanced, stress-free, and leveraged approach to business.
You still have to work hard, but you also have to be intentional about working smart, too.
If you need help with that, consider my coaching services or join Mindshare.