There’s a good chance you’ll be in business a long time.
Decades, if you’re lucky.
And if you’re feeling burnt out now, there’s a good chance you’ll always be unless you make a change.
Which means you need to work smarter. You have to be intentional about the way you design your business.
You’ve heard that before, but what does that mean as a consultant?
To me, it means things like this:
- Work with fewer clients at higher average rates.
- Create leveraged services like training and group coaching.
- Sell your knowledge as products instead of services.
- Hire people to do the non-strategic work in your business.
- Keep margin so you can think, recharge, and stay focused.
- Take vacations to avoid burnout and stay productive.
- Cut people and things that give you stress and suck up your mental energy.
- Partner with people on projects and promotions to create leverage.
I used to think working harder would get you better results. But to me, better results means a more balanced, stress-free, and leveraged approach to business.
You still have to work hard, but you also have to be intentional about working smart, too.