Kevan is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to leading tech startups to significant growth. To give you an example, he helped Buffer go from $5m to $20m in annual revenue and 100,000 new customer acquisitions per month.
In his first year at Oyster, he helped the company 20x its revenue and build a marketing team comprising over 50 people.
In this interview, Kevan and I explore the realm of advisory work.
We cover topics like:
- How he approaches advisory work while having a full-time gig
- How he views mentorship and why it’s important to him
- How he prices his advice—and what he’s learning in the process
- His experience on the buyer side of equity for advice compensation discussions
- How he packages his ideas into a playbook that he shares with paying Substack subscribers
- And a lot more…
This conversation was a fun exploration of the world of advisory work. And like all of us, Kevan is still figuring out what works best for him.