This is a preview episode of the private podcast that comes with a free Mindshare Community membership. Join today for more members-only content and community.
If you’ve done any fractional CMO/freelance head of growth/managed advisory work (as I like to call it), you’ll quickly notice how much it limits your time to work with multiple clients and do your own marketing.
In this episode, I unpack a few topics, questions, and constraints brought up by member Rob in a private discussion (with his permission to respond via podcast).
Rob currently does some execution work and is getting opportunities to do more involved fractional CMO work. As a result, it’s difficult to find time (and justify spending it) to market himself.
I talk about things like:
- My thoughts on selling days per week/month
- The risks of selling most of your time to a small handful of clients
- Hiring marketing managers instead of being the one to manage
- Focusing on selling advisory level as soon as you can
- What to do to market yourself when your time is limited
- And a lot of other limits, constraints, and ways of dealing with fractional CMO work in your business
Give this a listen and let me know what you think!