When a blockbuster film gets produced, they start promoting it long before the film isn’t even finished.
It begins with the news announcement about the actors involved, the story, and when it will be released.
Eventually, a teaser is created. A glimpse of what to expect.
Actors do interviews and go on tour talking about the film leading up to the date.
The trailers get longer and more detailed. The release date gets more specific.
The first screenings get shown and reported on. Early reviews come in.
A year after conception, the film is released to the public.
Now that’s what you call pre-selling.
If you want to sell any new product, it’s critical that you pre-sell in advance—as early and often as possible.
You want people primed and interested to buy long before the product is ready. You want the decision about whether to buy or not to be locked in before the doors open.
If you’re thinking about selling a knowledge product for Black Friday, I highly encourage you to use the date as a forcing function to stop you from procrastinating and actually commit.
And if you do decide to do it, I recommend you start talking about it now.
Tease it out. Let people who follow you know something is coming soon.
To demonstrate what I mean, this is your notice that I’ll be releasing a small course on how to design your productized advisory services around Black Friday.
It will cover things like:
- How to pre-validate the offers before you productize and publish them to your website
- How to structure each of your advisory options (i.e. retainers, projects, group, private, hybrid, etc.)
- How to price your offers and make them a no-brainer for your ideal prospects
- The three ways to position each offer so they are an obvious choice to your different client segments
- How to write the sales copy that feels like it reads the minds of your ideal clients
- The core ingredients to use on your sales page to get the best results
- How to demonstrate the business case for your offers so it’s an obvious choice to your prospects
- How to de-risk the engagement for you and your prospects using guarantees
And a lot more detail and nuance.
All of this stuff is nuanced, so I don’t spare details.
Stay tuned for more on that.
In the meantime, get pre-selling!