In order to succeed in business, you generally need four things:
- The right product or service
- The right customer to buy it
- The right message to describe it
- The right marketing plan to build awareness
If something isn’t working, it usually means at least one of these four things are off. And you can’t succeed without all four working.
But here’s the thing: you rarely get it right out of the gate.
Business is about tweaks and adjustments. And even when you get it right, the target moves again.
If something isn’t working in your business, ask yourself:
- How many people are you reaching?
- Is it resonating with people? If so, who?
- How many are expressing interest?
- How many actually buy it?
- How many stay or buy again after making the first transaction?
Great marketing comes from asking the right questions and iterating until you get the best answers.
Just because you’re having challenges, doesn’t mean you need to change all four factors or stop trying.
Better to look for the answers one factor at a time based on what you’re seeing than to throw the whole thing away or give up.
Keep tweaking the dials on your system until you get it right.