I recently chatted with former software consultant turned CRM SaaS owner, Reuben Swartz, about how to do sales in a way that doesn’t feel like selling—and instead sets up your relationships for success.
In this episode, we chat about things like:
- Why traditional sales processes don’t work
- How he helps people win clients without being sales-y
- How having a clear target market helps your sales success
- Reframing “sales” as “educating” and “networking” as “connecting”
- Why a strong marketing engine allows you to be better at sales
- A mental model for generating more referrals
- Should you give gifts and thank-you notes to people who refer business to you?
- Easy ways to maintain contact with people in your network
And a lot more!
If selling isn’t your jam—or even if it is—you’ll get a ton of value out of this episode.
The mindsets and mental models he shares make it easy to navigate sales conversations without getting mired in tactical “steps” which can often confuse you and put a barrier between you and your prospects.
P.S. You can my interview on his podcast, Sales for Nerds, where we chat about strategies for selling your expertise (not just your labour).