Sample slides from presentation shown above
How to Package, Price, and Sell Custom Consulting Engagements
One of the most important skills to have as a consultant is your ability to sell custom engagements.
While productizing your services is a path you may eventually take, selling customized services makes it more likely your productized services will actually sell! They are pre-validated.
Selling custom before productizing allows you to get clear on:
- Customer segments—who actually buys what from you?
- Problems—what are the real challenges you’re solving and how do prospects describe them?
- Goals—what are your prospects trying to accomplish and why?
- Features—what needs to be included to get results and what do people value most?
- Timelines—how long should your engagements be to get results?
- Value—how much value do you actually help generate for clients?
- Price—how much should you charge for your engagements?
- Objections—what common objections do I need to overcome?
- Questions—what questions do people ask when considering my services?
This workshop covers things like:
- The counter-intuitive ways to get prospects to reach out to you
- How to uncover the real problem, the value of solving it, and the costs of inaction
- How to create compelling options that are profitable for everyone
- How to make a business case for your prices
- How to dramatically increase your proposal acceptance rates
- What to do when clients want to negotiate with you on price
- When to turn your custom services into productized services
- My experience with what clients value most in a proposal (and what they don’t)
- Bonus: The proposal template I use today to successfully sell my consulting services
Buy this training
The price for this workshop recording is $79.