The Digital Mentor service is for entrepreneurs and small businesses who are growing steadily but want to get results faster using more advanced marketing efforts.
What You Get
- You will have access to me via weekly scheduled phone calls and unlimited email and Slack correspondence
- I always reply within 24 hours, but usually within 90 minutes during regular business hours
- Together we’ll create a cohesive digital marketing strategy and plan of action driven by goals and outcomes
- Within six months you’ll have a fully-operating marketing strategy with all core requirements suited to your unique situation
- You’ll get advice on all areas of your digital marketing, from tactical details through to big-picture strategy, allocation of resources and more
- We’ll set specific goals and set priorities to help you get there
- I’ll provide work quality reviews and advice as-needed
- You’ll get recommendations on which suite of tools and resources to use
- You’ll receive a detailed monthly analytics report with telephone analysis
What’s not included in the Digital Mentor plan?
Unlike other available tiers of service, the following features are not included in the Digital Mentor plan:
I won’t do project management. You will need to allocate a certain amount of time every week to the management of your marketing—especially in the beginning. This includes managing timelines, task follow-ups, adherence to budgets, and team accountabilities. This feature is available on the Digital CMO tier.
I won’t source marketing suppliers for you. You are responsible for finding suppliers or hiring employees independently with this tier of service. I am able to advise on the selection and/or assessment of your candidates’ capabilities. This feature is available on the Digital CMO and Digital Advisor tiers.
I won’t join your supplier calls nor will I be copied on email chains.
You can ask me specific questions as they arise and forward emails to me for feedback, Our calls are limited to once per week with unlimited access to me via one-on-one email and Slack correspondence. This feature is available on the Digital CMO and Digital Advisor tiers.
Access to me is limited to the CEO/business owner and up to one additional designated member of staff. In the Digital CMO plan, your entire organization is able to contact me with questions and requests for assistance, as long as it relates to their marketing. The Digital Advisor gives your entire marketing department and suppliers unlimited access to me.
I won’t provide in-depth training with this tier of service. If you want to learn new skills (i.e. graphic design or website maintenance), you’ll need to learn how to do it independently. I can help by pointing you in the right direction or by giving you guidance when needed.
I don’t do hands-on implementation work. This includes things like software configuration, entire website wireframes, or writing content/communication drafts with this service. I can, however, provide content outlines, creative input, strategic direction, and feature mockups/wireframes where needed to illustrate a point.
How It Works
- Your information is always confidential and I can sign an NDA at your request
- Your calls can be recorded and archived at your request
- You can call me in an emergency during business hours and I will always answer when available, or return your call at the soonest opportunity
- Payment is due 100% in advance to begin or join the waitlist once it fills up. If you’re not completely satisfied after our first month, I’ll give your money back. After that, there are no refunds under any circumstances
- You can pause the clock in the event of a personal emergency or something of similar seriousness, but not for vacation or because you “got busy”
Pricing and Terms
This service is $7,500 for a six-month period. Payment is due in full before we begin. After six months, you can renew on a monthly basis at $1,500/month or for another six-month period at the regular price. Monthly agreements require 14-days notice for cancellation.
Q: What qualifies as implementation work?
Implementation work includes things like the development of publish-ready communications, website copy, code, design, search engine optimization, pay-per-click advertising setup/management, email marketing automation/setup/execution, public relations, and other non-strategic tactical work.
Q: What kind of suppliers do I get access to?
You’ll get access to any kind of supplier needed to fulfill your digital marketing needs. That includes website developers, designers, copywriters, marketing automation specialists, search engine optimization specialists, pay-per-click management specialists, social media specialists, and a lot more.
Q: What kind of results can I expect?
Of course, no marketing professional can guarantee a certain outcome with absolute certainty, so I will never promise results that are not completely within my control. I like to work backward from your goals. If you aim to grow your revenue this year by a certain percent, for example, we start with that outcome and decide what needs to happen to get us there in reasonable terms. Common outcomes include seeing significant increases in email subscriber growth, social media followers, number of leads, online and offline sales revenue, overall website traffic, conversion rates, and more.
Q: Why don’t you just “do it for me” like a normal agency?
I believe advice and implementation are best sold separately. You can read more about my thoughts on that in this article.
Q: What areas of digital marketing do you advise on?
The areas of digital marketing I can advise on include:
- Positioning and marketing strategy
- Analytics and data
- Website design, development, and user experience
- Content marketing strategy
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing and automation
- Pay-per-click advertising
- Search engine optimization
- Influencer marketing
- Conversion rate optimization
- Graphic design, video, and photography
100% Money-Back Guarantee
If we’re not a good fit, I don’t want your money. If you’re unsatisfied for any reason after the first 30 days, I’ll refund my entire fee in full. After that, there are no refunds under any exceptions.
What I appreciate most about working with Kevin is the flexibility, experience, and knowledge he brings to our marketing. We are able to leverage his industry contacts to better educate ourselves, as well as come up with content and an image that clearly displays our brand and culture. We couldn’t be happier.
— Wes Carpani, Northern Specialty Supplies
If you’re ready to free up your time and focus on your company vision then schedule a free consultation call to see if there is a fit.