As a marketing consultant, designing your business model can be a tricky process.
Do you do execution work? Advisory retainers? Managed marketing (CMO)? Hourly calls? Education products? A hybrid approach?
The truth is, you may want to do some… or all of it! The question then is how to package, sell, and deliver those things.
But fret not, for I have something you will love.
Whether you are a freelancer or agency owner looking to create more leverage and profit, or a consultant trying to diversify your revenue streams, these trainings will have plenty to offer.
What You Get
The Business Model Design Bundle for Marketing Consultants gives you lifetime access to the following workshops:
How to Package and Sell Custom Consulting Engagements (1.5 hours)
You’ll learn how to uncover things like:
- Customer segments—who actually buys what from you?
- Problems—what are the real challenges you’re solving and how do prospects describe them?
- Goals—what are your prospects trying to accomplish and why?
- Features—what needs to be included to get results and what do people value most?
- Timelines—how long should your engagements be to get results?
- Value—how much value do you actually help generate for clients?
- Price—how much should you charge for your engagements?
- Objections—what common objections do I need to overcome?
- Questions—what questions do people ask when considering my services?
When you jump right to productizing, you inherently make a lot of assumptions about all of the above.
Your services may seem great “on paper” but they can easily miss the mark in several subtle or major ways.
When you miss the mark on any of the above, it will almost always cost you money. And that’s money you can never get back.
This deep-dive workshop covers things like:
- The counter-intuitive ways to get prospects to reach out to you
- How to uncover the real problem, the value of solving it, and the costs of inaction
- How to create compelling options that are profitable for everyone
- How to make a business case for your prices
- How to dramatically increase your proposal acceptance rates
- What to do when clients want to negotiate with you on price
- When to turn your custom services into productized services
- My experience with what clients value most in a proposal (and what they don’t)
- Bonus: The proposal template I use today to successfully sell my consulting services
There’s also a Q&A section at the end with a lot of great questions.
How to Design Productized Advisory Services (2 hours)
In this workshop, we broke down a LOT of information about how to productize your advisory services, including topics like:
- Definitions of “advisory” and “productized”
- Why selling custom first is how you productize
- The sales process and explaining the value of your services
- Making a business case for your services
- The types of advisory services you can offer
- How to position your advisory services
- Pricing strategies for each type of engagement
- Features of advisory services to add or remove
- Sales page ingredients (with Wireframe example attached)
- Thoughts on fractional CMO/CTO/CFO services
- And miscellaneous additional Q&A and things to note at the end
This was a long one (2 hours) and we go into a ton of detail.
You will also get access to the slides and a wireframe of a sample sales page to help you craft your message.
How to Package, Sell, and Deliver Single Strategy Calls (1.25 hours)
In this training, we break down how to package, sell, and deliver single strategy calls.
- Persona – who is this typically sold to?
- Pricing – how much should you charge?
- Promotion – how do you promote your offering?
- Preparation – how do you prepare for the calls?
- Process – how do you deliver it effectively?
- Provisions – what else do you provide?
- Platforms – what tools do you use?
- Proof – what are some real-world examples?
- Q&A + Discussion
- Template: Pre-Call Questionnaire
The Right Way to Sell Fractional CMO Services (1.5 hours)
This workshop covers things like:
- How to harness growing demand for fractional CMO services
- How to define what fractional CMO will mean to you and your business
- How to know whether to offer fractional CMO services at all
- The risks and benefits of offering fractional CMO services
- The differences between interim vs. fractional CMO—and which to use/when
- Alternative forms of fractional marketing leadership roles
- How to price fractional CMO services in relation to your other services
- How to manage and deliver your work without becoming a pseudo-employee
- How to transition agency or freelance clients into fractional CMO clients
- How to transition fractional CMO services into advisory clients later on
And questions like:
- Should you take an email address under your clients’ domain?
- Should you attend client events and work parties?
- Should you put your client list on LinkedIn under your Experience?
- Should you bill by the hour, day, week, or month?
And a lot more!
How to Create Your First Education Product (Coaching Call – 1 hour)
In this call, we talked about creating a first knowledge product within a month to be able to sell it by Black Friday.
We talked about a few core concepts to make things easier:
- How do you pre-sell something before you create it
- Potentially create a challenge where we create either a pre-selling situation or an actual one by Black Friday [00:14:05]
- How to pre-sell the idea of your product by working in public
- Tools to use to sell and deliver your product
- Strategies for creating multiple price options to increase conversions
- Whether to use discounts, bundles, and/or bonuses to help drive sales
- Individual plans for Black Friday
- Picking a target market and doing a lot of research
In total, it’s over 7 hours of comprehensive training and supporting templates, examples, and resources for the five core ways to package your expertise as a marketing consultant.
It’s based on my experience as a consultant after selling over US$1M of these products and services since I began this type of work in 2017.
You own these trainings for life. And if I update any of these trainings in the future, you’ll get newer versions, too.
No subscription. No upselling. No funny business.
You can get the entire bundle for only
$297 $197 from now until Tuesday at midnight using promo code BF100.
You’ll ALSO be invited to the private Slack community for marketing consultants.
But here’s the catch
I’m limiting the sale of this product to 15 purchases. After that, the bundle goes away.
If you think your business model could use a little juice, this bundle is for you.