Mindshare member, Sean, had an interesting objection while selling his advisory services.
This is a common question when selling advisory work, so it’s worth unpacking this and other follow-up questions Sean had.
“What if my marketing budget doesn’t allow me to implement your advice?”
In this episode, I talk about:
- How to answer this question succinctly in your FAQs or sales conversations
- The difference between cash flow/budget adherence and long-term ROI
- Breaking out a spreadsheet to show potential cash flow scenarios
- Comparing their other options, like agency, in-house employee, and DIY
- Business model and pricing questions around advisory vs. managed advisory services
At the end of the day, your job is to get an ROI for your clients in a cash-sustainable manner.
If budgets are strict, your job is to work within their constraints.
But it’s also worth noting that sometimes, the ROI pays dividends over a longer time horizon.
The better you can prove a business case, the easier it will be to sell.