I recently recorded a podcast with Billy Broas, a copywriter, advisor, and educator who built a business around his proprietary messaging framework, The Five Lightbulbs.
In this episode, Billy and I unpack the Five Lightbulbs and go deep into how his business works, how he gets clients, and a lot more.
We discuss things like:
- Why having a proprietary framework like the Five Lightbulbs is key to selling advice
- How he leveraged his IP into courses, books, and other more leveraged ways
- How he evolved his business from doing to advising and now teaching
- Selling custom services with some productization on the back end
- Why he focuses on the evergreen fundamentals of marketing and not just the “new thing”
- How products get better by empathizing with and better understanding the customer
- Why we should systemize and codify our expertise that outlives you
- How teaching other audiences—i.e. industry software companies—leads to more business (Golden Goose Strategy)
- How teaching courses and programs can lead to consulting engagements with students
- How writing simple emails on a single topic under your own name works well as a format for email newsletters
- How to fold the Five Lightbulbs framework into your emails and other marketing materials
If you want to go deeper on Billy’s framework, Mindshare members will find a one-hour training in the member’s area.
You can also grab his new course which is in pre-sale mode at 50% off the future full price.
Listen here or subscribe via your podcast player.
Find Billy Online:
- Selling the Invisible by Harry Beckwith
- Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene Schwartz
- Authors like:
- Gary Halbert
- Victor Schwabb
- Joe Sugarman
- Claude Hopkins